Have you ever joined a film crowdfunding campaign only to get a whole lot of nothing from it? At Sizzle Pitch, you can join production cohorts, which is our term for a group of film lovers experiencing what it’s like to be a filmmaker on a specific film project. You pay a fee and get to experience WAY more than you’d get from crowdfunding, which is often the only way non-industry folks can see behind the Hollywood curtain.
Becoming a member of one of our production cohorts is a door into the creative process of producing independent films. You can join as many projects as you like and be as involved as you want to be. You’ll get to meet the crew, hear about the production process, give input, and see film pros make magic happen like costuming, editing, SFX makeup, and stunts.
The entire experience will be done remotely (and can totally be experienced asynchronously on your own time, too). You can be involved in as much of it as you like, there are no requirements from you.
What you’ll get (though each project is different):
- Behind-the-scenes videos from set
- Video interviews and demonstrations from crew members like makeup, special effects, costuming, editing, props, stunts, and SO much more
- Virtual meetings with directors, producers, and other key members of the cast and crew (and we work with some very cool and well-known talent)
- Some projects will include a live set walkthrough over video, though it depends on the project
- Access to the community of other cohort members, producers, and creatives for discussion and networking
- A Linkedin certificate to show off your completion of this immersive filmmaking experience
Another great bonus: Our creatives typically aren’t Hollywood heavy-hitters. They’re indie filmmakers just trying to make their mark. And you’ll be helping support a community of artisans from all walks of the creative process.
And if you want to become a filmmaker yourself, this is a way to bootcamp the filmmaking experience quickly.
You can even gift the experience to someone else: Your partner or aspiring filmmaker family member, a cinephile friend, or anyone you think would love to see a film project in the works.
Sizzle Pitch is currently in beta and is accepting new production cohort members.
How it works
- You review our current projects and decide which sounds interesting to you.
- You can choose to join the cohorts for as many projects as you like. You’ll then add them to your cart and pay online.
- Once you’ve joined a cohort, we’ll reach out with specifics on timing and upcoming meetings. Each project has on its own timeline, so meetings, updates, and events may not start immediately. But you’ll be in the know for the whole process.
- Once the process starts, you’ll be updated on project progress, upcoming meetings and events, and begin receiving updates from the production team.
How do sizzle reels work?
A sizzle reel is created to help production companies and film financiers understand what the potential film is about to better your chances of turning it into a feature film. It could be a trailer-like movie, a short film, one proof-of-concept, scene, and others.
Here’s a timeline of how that could work in this model:
Testimonials from cohort members, cast, and crew
Browse our upcoming film projects to join.
Read our frequently asked questions.
Still have questions? Reach out to us at email@example.com.